Allergies or respiratory issues? A massage may help
One of the tell-tale signs of anxiety can be constricted breathing. Shallow, short breaths instead of breathing at a natural pace, makes it near impossible for one to reach a relaxed state.
However, massage can play an important role in training the body how to relax and improve breathing. Respiratory issues, such as allergies, sinus problems, asthma and bronchitis can benefit from relaxing massage therapy.
Here are our top 5 ways a massage will help you smell the roses just a little more!
- Massage will help lengthen and relax muscles in the front and back of the upper body, improving breathing capacity and function
- Massage encourages better posture, which opens up the chest area, as well as the structural alignment and rib cage expansion needed for optimal lung function
- A relaxing treatment such as a massage assists with slowing your breathing rate, making it deeper and regular.
- Back massage can loosen mucus in the lungs and increase airway clearance for better lung function
- Once the body recognizes what true relaxation feels like, the mind can then easily recreate it before stress becomes chronic and damaging
Experience the ongoing benefits of massage and schedule a session today… Your body will thank you for it!